March 31, 2014
You don’t have to ingest GMOs as food in order to be exposed to them. There are plenty of other ways that GMOs come into our lives in many other forms.
1. Beauty Care Products: Many beauty care products like deodorant sprays, lotions, and facial cleansers, contain GMO derivatives. Look out for denatured alcohol which is simply ethanol made from BT corn. Also be weary of creams made with soy protein isolates, or dehydrogenated soy ingredients as these are also likely GMO.
2. Cotton: Is that shirt that you have on right now Organic? GM cotton covers more than 15 million hectares on the planet and accounts for more than 70 percent of all cotton grown. Chances are that your cotton swabs and balls are also GM Cotton.
3. Ink: While soy ink is marketed as an alternative to petroleum based products it is made from GM soy beans. Soy ink is printed on a variety of items from newspapers to magazines. It is also readily absorbed through the skin.
4. Hand Sanitizer: Not only do hand sanitizers fuel the creation of antibiotic resistant super bugs but they also contain ethanol made from GM corn.
5. Gasoline: When you go to the pump and see those little stickers that are appearing everywhere that say “May Contain up to 10% ethanol” you can rest assured that it is not ethanol derived from organically grown corn. The idiotic government subsidies shoved into ethanol production are ending up as fumes in traffic that you and I are breathing in.