Albuquerque Police Kill Their 6th Person this Year

Spread the love

The Free Thought Project
Cassandra Rules
July 23, 2014


Despite reprimands and DOJ findings from a 16-month review into the Albuquerque Police Department, stating that the department’s use of excessive force had caused a number of unjustified fatal shootings- the APD has just done it again!


The latest was identified late Tuesday evening as 33-year-old Jeremy Robertson, who was known to APD, having been chased by them for 6 blocks in January until they shot out his tire and he crashed.

Albuquerque Police Department Deputy Chief William Roseman announced Tuesday that officers shot and killed Robertson near Eubank and Central streets at a Connoco Phillips gas station in the late afternoon.

This marks their fourth officer involved shooting death since the DOJ findings of excessive force and sixth this year.

The DOJ report stated:

“APD officers too frequently use deadly force against people who pose a minimal threat and in situations where the conduct of the officers heightens the danger and contributes to the need to use force;

APD officers use less lethal force, including electronic controlled weapons, on people who are passively resisting, non-threatening, observably unable to comply with orders or pose only a minimal threat to the officers; and

Encounters between APD officers and persons with mental illness and in crisis too frequently result in a use of force or a higher level of force than necessary.”

This also comes less than a month after the APD voted to give themselves a pay raise, despite becoming increasingly known for their public executions since the horrific video of the murder of James Boyd caused public outrage.

The department has taken the lives of 27 people since the beginning of 2010.

The APD was assisting the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms in finding Robertson for parole violations in connection with two charges of receiving/transferring a motor vehicle. The chief stated Robertson had a weapon, but did not state whether or not the weapon was pointed at officers.  He also announced that the only two shots were fired by officers.  He refused any questions from media.

Plain-clothes detectives approached Robertson at the gas station. He then ran off and allegedly pulled a gun from his waistband. The department says the man ran across Central into the parking lot of a Valero gas station, then through an alley into a nearby neighborhood off Glorieta St.

A witness states she saw seven officers chasing a man through a Subway parking lot around 2:50pm when she saw him jump over a fence into a vacant lot and lost sight of him.  She then heard a shot fired.

Roberton was pronounced dead at the scene.

In a tragically ironic twist, Robertson posted this, to what appears to be his facebook account, on June 7th-


Spread the love
Sponsored Content:

About Cassandra Fairbanks