Since its inception, America’s War on Drugs has ruined and ended countless lives. Families have been torn apart, while non-violent and completely peaceful family members have been slain and imprisoned for possessing arbitrary substances.
Kidnapping people, locking them in cages, or killing them for doing what they want to with their own bodies, is criminal and immoral, and members of law enforcement are figuring this out.
One of the leading groups of law enforcers working to end the drug war is LEAP, or Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. LEAP lists some particularly startling facts on their website:
- There is a drug arrest every 19 seconds in the U.S. Of the more than 1.6 million drug arrests in 2009, 82 percent were for possession alone. (1)
- The U.S. government estimates that more than 118 million Americans above the age of 12 (47 percent of the population) admit to using illegal drugs. (2)
- One out of every 100 American adults is behind bars in jail or prison, (3) and the U.S. houses nearly 25 percent of the world’s prisoners (4) despite having less than five percent of the world’s total population. (5)
- In four years, more than 35,000 people have been killed in violence related to Mexico’s war against the cartels that control the illegal drug market. (6)
- The Department of Justice says that the illegal drug market in the U.S. is dominated by 900,000 criminally active gang members affiliated with 20,000 street gangs in more than 2,500 cities, (7) and that Mexican drug cartels now directly control illegal drug markets in at least 230 American cities. (8)
One of the co-founding members of LEAP is former police Captain, Peter Christ. Christ travels around the country blowing the lid off of America’s corrupt and immoral war. His argument is based on facts and grounded in reality. The War on Drugs promotes violence, ruins lives, and costs taxpayers billions of dollars a year.
Below is quite possibly one of the most damning 15 minutes presented against the drug war. Please share this article to raise awareness to the horrid reality that is the war on drugs.
DASH cryptocurrency and The Free Thought Project have formed a partnership that will continue to spread the ideas of peace and freedom while simultaneously teaching people how to operate outside of the establishment systems of control like using cryptocurrency instead of dollars. Winning this battle is as simple as choosing to abstain from the violent corrupt old system and participating in the new and peaceful system that hands the power back to the people. DASH is this system.
DASH digital cash takes the control the banking elite has over money and gives it back to the people. It is the ultimate weapon in the battle against the money changers and information controllers.
If you'd like to start your own DASH wallet and be a part of this change and battle for peace and freedom, you can start right here. DASH is already accepted by vendors all across the world so you can begin using it immediately.